Lectures on Risk
- Hot topics in tax-related claims against solicitors.
- Hot topics in tax-related claims against accountants and tax advisers.
- Risk management for solicitors.
- Risk management for accountants and tax advisers.
- Engagement letters and liability caps.
- How to succeed without competing.
- Remote working – the pros and cons and the risks to plan for.
- Retainer creep – how to identify it, manage it, and make more money as a result!
- How to get staff to engage in risk management.
- The hidden cost of claims and why risk management is important.
- Lessons learned from actual cases and near misses.
Comments from previous lectures
Managing Director of a professional indemnity insurance specialist broker
“Revealed numerous unexpected costs that arise from incurring a PII claim, based on Karen’s career long experience.”
Senior Partner of a law firm
“Excellent session. Karen has a wealth of knowledge to draw upon for these sessions to bring the content of her talks to life. Would highly recommend.”
Head of Payroll at a leading accountancy firm
“Very informative, detailed explanations and scenarios help to understand the points being made. Makes you realise to cover yourself and communicate before making any agreement to avoid trouble in future.”
“Just listening to you (lecturing on engagement letters and liability caps). Great to be listening to a professional who is clearly experienced and knowledgeable in their area. Great tips and process observations.”